Inclement Weather Procedure
Inclement Weather Procedure:
Cancellation of Group Exercise/Water Exercise and Youth Classes: The Family YMCA of the Glens Falls Area always keeps the best interest of our staff and members in mind when it comes to safety and travel during dangerous road conditions. To ensure the safety of our staff and members, during inclement weather we have found it necessary to cancel classes and programs based on the local school district schedule. To help you plan your visit to the Y, please review the following guidelines:
In the event of a State of Emergency issued by the Governor of New York for our area, the YMCA may close based on the discretion of the CEO.
During inclement weather, we will base our decision to run morning Group Exercise and Youth Classes on the schedule of the Queensbury School District.
- If the school issues a 1 or 2-hour delay, classes will be cancelled until 11:00 a.m. (only if the school is delayed because it is deemed unsafe to travel on the roads i.e. Snow/Water /Ice Accumulation).
- If the school closes but the Y is open, classes will be cancelled until 11:00 a.m. (Please note that 11:00 a.m. classes will run)
- If further cancellations are needed throughout the day, the Y will use the following schedule:
- Classes beginning at 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 pm will be determined by 9:30 am.
- Classes beginning after 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 pm will be determined by 11:30 a.m.
- Classes beginning after 4:00 p.m. will be determined by 2:30 p.m.
- All Saturday class determinations will be made by 5:30 a.m. that morning. (Swim Lessons will be determined by 7:00 a.m.).
- All Sunday class determinations will be made by 6:30 a.m. that morning.
Team - Team Practices will be of the discretion of the Head Coach. Coaches will notify participants separately if their practices will be running.
Early Learners/Preschool/Music Movement and More – In the event that Queensbury School District (QSD) is on a 1 or 2 hour delay due to inclement weather, AM Preschool, Early Learners, and Music Movement and More will all be cancelled. PM Preschool will run as scheduled. IF QSD is closed due to inclement weather, there will be no AM/PM Preschool, Early Learners or Music Movement and More.
All other Programs or Classes will be held or cancelled on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that make up classes for cancellation of classes due to inclement weather will be at the discretion of the Program Director.
Change in class schedules due to inclement weather will also be posted on the Y’s Facebook page as well as our website at www.glensfallsymca.org.